Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fear

Have you ever thought about your greatest fear? Our world believes in physical fears, like spiders. If you thought mental fears what would that be. When I say mental I mean something like you fear being a mean, know it all, or nerdy kind of person. Try to think of something that your siblings, friends, and parents get angry at. Your fear is the best thing about you, not many people can see it though. Satan creates a mental irritation in people around you to look at your fear and make fun of you for it. The best thing about someone is their fear.

My brother told me tonight that I that I fear being weak. Other people see me as meek, obsequious, submissive and cringing. Now that I think about it I see so many places in my life where I was obsequious. This weakness I now fear more because I see it. I want other people to see my new self and not look weak to them. For me the weakness in me makes humbleness easy. Satan makes me feel bad for my weakness. In truth I am strong and humble.

2 comments:

Dust and Dignity said...

Weakness and being aware of it is the most powerful channel through which God's power can flow, because it drives you to depend fully on him. I heard a speaker two days ago who said "The harder I lean on God, the stronger I discover Him to be. God always seems bigger to those who need Him most."

Troop 617 said...

Everyone you know has a different relationship with you, seeing you with new and different eyes. Each person, having their own personality, will then interpret your behaviors according to their own views.

You are very sensitive to other's feelings and I see you trying to make others feel good about themselves, which could be incorrectly interpreted as your brother described.

However, this sensitivity and maturity is a new development in you and some have yet to see and understand the new you!

As you grow, be quick to listen but slow to absorb everything others say as truth. Use the wisdom and guidance that God has given you to discern the truth of what other's say.