Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Bible Studies

I go to two bible studies on Wednesdays which really help me to renew my self with the lord. It was just great today. We ate at Subway and then had our Bible study and during it two people came up to us. One said they needed prayer for a baby and the other said we were doing a great job. Just being with God glorifies him.

"Avoid every kind of evil" 1 Thessalonians 5:22
"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl" Job 31:1
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.

10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.

13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.

14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.

15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.

16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word."

Psalm 119

1 comment:

Alan said...

We love your playlist -- Seeger's "Hammer Song" has always been a favorite and we haven't heard the inspirational "Light One Candle" in such a long time. Have you ever heard Jim Morgan's music?

We're so glad your Bible studys are meaningful and magnetic. Seeking spiritual truth is so important, yet so many young men find it difficult to break their attachment to the material world -- enchanted with things that bang and go fast. Yet God keeps calling those who will listen to develop virtues needed for the next world. We're glad you're paying attention and inspiring others.