Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Ywam first two weeks

Totally just finished the whole bible just as the train to Redding came to a stop

So far it seems like all the staff know my name and have some connection! Most students and staff seem to be very religious which is wonderful for me. I feel like the student in almost every conversation, seeking truth. No problems yet, fears have been dying down as well.

Tonight we had welcome dinner, it was fun. I got somewhat upset as someone said I needed nice clothing, it’s weird. The dinner and worship,


Why did I think “why not me?” I should ask “why me?” Yet that isn’t even a question! God calls all of us. Why has he kept me alive all this time...a time like this!

Wholehearted devotion- acts 2:42
Live for eternity- Matthew 16:24-28 (value of eternal soul)(prioritize your life{not money}
Limitless/full of faith (things can stop us{marriage, sickness etc})- John 4:34

Campaign evangelism to End Bible poverty
One team philosophy
Releasing apostolic missionary teams
Encouraging the persecuted church
Romans 15:19-21

Everything in life has lead to this time. I don’t need to regret the past because God had planned and continues to have a plan. Thank you Lord for getting me here! I am not sure where God wants me to go after this yet I know His will is perfect. I am so out of my depth, the spirit is so fast! His presence is obviously with us at YWAM so diverse yet we get along. We all live to worship you Jesus.

Just finished testimonies with most of YWAM Redding. It was pretty crazy everyone had such crazy backgrounds. I felt like I didn’t have much to share, yet shared a bit. Some guys are just chilling on the main floor all quiet just doing work/social media.

Wednesday night….yea a ton happened


Thursday I am just exhausted I got like maybe six hours of sleep and quiet time was pretty much me talking and not feeling the presence of God. Maybe I should just ask for that next time. Anyway teaches have been great. I feel bad for the work some people have to do and hope to help them, if I feel like it… hopefully I will. We also find out who and where outreaches are tomorrow which I am super stoked about. Some bethel students came by and gave us cookies!

We tried to go to the Bethel students party, out of being nice neighbors yet got the wrong time. This weekend was wonderful! I went hiking and swimming and got to eat so much good food provided by other students.

The church commitment seems great too. Seems like I will get to fit in well there.

Just got to spend almost 3 hours talking to a lovely staff member here. He just sat up trying to do scheduling while answering questions and speaking into my life. Definitely feel God caring for my emotions. It’s 2am sheesh! Have to get up in 4 ish hours. He said shame is bad because it drives us from God, yet guilt can drive us to repent.

Dude wow the whole week went by, it’s Thursday night!  A guy came and taught this week at first I was weirdos out yet discovered he acts up to make the teaching stick. By the end of the week most of us were crying as he left. His words were truly led by God. Well yea that’s that. I mean life changed again this week though so yea!


No comments: