Journal for TBS start
Well I am currently attending the first transformation bible school of Redding ywam. We learned the basics of the Old Testament in the first week. We are learning how God created us and had intimacy with us yet we destroy that when we betray Him.
Alright so it’s currently the end of the third week and it’s been hard to be excited about homework, it’s a daily thing taking 2+ hours. Sleep has been inconsistent yet I still feel like I am learning about God and His word. I was having a hard time and I think for the first time I went to the Bible for encouragement, it was wonderful I felt like God was speaking peace through a chapter in Isaiah. Even more people are having desire for unity in the church and I am so joyful to feel apart of God’s global movements.
A few points our school is learning is legacy takes discipleship, the Bible was written in a different time and culture which helps us understand when we understand the culture and time. For instance in Philemon we learned how Philemon was given a contract to free Oni from slavery, when I read it I always assumed Paul used his authority yet Paul wrote as a brother the way we might write to a fellow Christian stuck in their ways. Although we don’t write the same letter for that culture we can still use the Love from the Holy Spirit to convict and encourage that is seen in the letter.
We have been doing evangelism Friday’s and have gotten to use the knowledge gained in class to reach some people in Redding. About dinner tonight we are helping bethel give out back packs and share God with students who are going to school soon! We have 4/10 more hours left of faith day which has been quite rough in the last potion where we stayed under a grocery store area to keep out of the rain. It’s been a blessing to just focus on Jesus for 10 hours without any distractions.
No comments:
Post a Comment