- Eternal Life-The second Jerusalem
- Forgiveness-Jesus
- Creation-The world/ Me (Communication/ Friends/ Family)
Search This Blog
Thursday, October 1, 2009
God's gifts to the world
People should never not share the gospel. God wants people to love and talk about him. You have nothing without love. If God loves unconditionally we should be able to loves those who reject God. If you truly love someone you should want them to understand God. He has given the world life and we should worship him for that. Jesus was probably the most precious of all, and people should know that. If you were to put in order what is the best things Go has given you, how would you arrange them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like the order you put things in... I personally would probably add at the top the fact that I get to know God Himself, which I think is absolutely cool!
I like your comments they are very inspiring.
It's very hard for me to order these -- all great gifts from our Creator. I can't fully agree with Kendra though. Can we REALLY ever know God Himself? Try as we might, God will forever be beyond our highest thoughts. However, God does manifest His qualities periodically, through the founders of religions like Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Baha'u'llah...who function like polished mirrors perfectly reflecting God's qualities/light/glory/virtue. Exciting thing for me is knowing that light&truth can be reflected in US, to the extent we develop those virtues and free ourselves from over-attachment to material world.
I like your thoughtful reflections.
What do you mean we can't know God?
While I would agree that we cannot know everything about God or truly comprehend Him, His word reveals that He has made Himself known. "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth." Jeremiah 9:23-24)
The new testament has made clear that there is no revelation or knowledge of God beyond Christ. In Colossians 2, Paul prays that the churches may "reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Hebrews 1 says "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, who he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world." In Ephesians, God reveals that His will "which he set forth in Christ, as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth."
It's pretty clear from these and other passages that to know Jesus is to know God, and that Muhammad,and Baha'u'llah cannot reflect God as Jesus did because Jesus is held in Scripture as the pinacle of God's revelation - it's kind of hard to supercede the heir of all things and the head of all things and the one in whom all things are summed up.
God's light can be seen in us, but it's not through our virtue, but through the degree to which we become conformed to the likeness of Christ, according to 2 Corinthians 3.
Post a Comment